More Tests

 Today has been one month since my kidney cancer surgery.  I'm doing pretty good.  My energy is still not there and if I do too much my cut muscle will hurt.  My 12 staples going across my side has come out.  Last Thursday was the first time I sneezed in a month.  I thought that was so weird.  But with the muscle getting cut and then being sewn together -- my diaphragm would not expand enough to let me sneeze.  I would would start to sneeze, but when I tried to get the big breath, my sneeze stopped.  Our bodies are weird aren't then?  

Monday I start back to work.  I'm doing half days this first week back to see how it goes.  Doctor recommended 6-8 weeks off, but I'm trying to go back part time after 4 weeks.  Since I get tired, I am sure that I'll be coming home and taking a nap with my ice pack when I get home.  However, I am looking forward to seeing the kids and adults again.  I get my daily amount of hugs from the kids at school because my boys at home are not huggers. 😂  

While I was off, I went ahead and got my mammogram done.  It has been 9 years since my last one.  My mom's mother had breast cancer so it is in the family unfortunately.  So, yes it was past due.  I was of course was hoping for a thanks for getting it done - see you in another couple years.  However, my medical stuff has not been that easy lately.  And neither were these results.  I have two spots - one in each breast.  One is a 10mm and the other spot is 25mm mass.  I have to go back in a couple weeks for ultrasound.  I know a lot of people have to go back for more testing after a mammogram so I'm hoping those spots are nothing.  But, two surgeries in 3 months now, I can't help but worry.  

I go back the first of June for another pelvic ultrasound to look at my spots on my ovaries.  In my mind, I am just planning on surgery so I moved my appointment from the end of June to the beginning of June so I'd have as much time to heal before school starts back up again.  Of course, I have no idea what will happen but I might as well plan for surgery just incase.  

I don't understand why I am going through so many different things with my health right now.  It's definitely been a wake up call to take better care of myself.  Monday I had a birthday and turned 49.  After the past few months -- I am okay with turning 49.  My diagnosis could have been a lot worse and I might not have made it.  I am thankful for where I am.  I am still not out of the valley yet.  There are still some unknowns in the near future.  But, I do know that God has brought me this far.  He will be with me with the next test results as well.  


Comments

Kim Glenn said…
Thankful for your continued faith and praying your journey gets easier soon!
Kelley Montgomery said…
I don’t know why you are going through such a valley, but I do know that God was there before you went in and he’s with you. Your faith in him shines in everything you do! One of my favorite verses- “The Lord is the one who will go before you.  He will be with you; he will not leave you or abandon you.  Do not be afraid or discouraged.””
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭31‬:‭8‬ ‭CSB‬‬
Love you!!

Popular posts from this blog

Cancer - so now what?

Snap, Crackle, and Pop

2012 Spring Contest!!