What If?

Halloween 2010 with Great Grandma Yarbrough
Halloween 2009 with Papa Robinson

When we were getting out of the van to walk to Grandma Yarbrough's and I grabbed the camera (again! LOL), Kent asked, "Why are you taking it? We won't be there that long." I thought back to last Halloween. Who knew that 12 days after this photo was taken my Dad would be gone? I didn't know this would be the last photo taken of him. If I did, the kids would have been dressed nice and hair combed. Not with green and white hair wearing a robe. But looking at the picture now, I know that it made my Dad happy to see them dressed up. He had a nerd rope for each of them that I helped him pick out the previous week. So, as I took my camera to get another picture of Grandma and the kids, I told Kent, "What if?" What if this is the last time?
What if?
There are no guarantees. Life is fragile. Don't take those moments for granted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cancer - so now what?

Snap, Crackle, and Pop

2012 Spring Contest!!