Thursday, June 30, 2011

Savor to Moment


Time is never wasted when it is spent with people you love. I do wish that time would slow down sometimes. We have already had three weeks of our summer vacation. It's gone. As I look back at what I've gotten accomplished (because I always have things I want to get done during summer), that list is still there. The sewing machine has not been dug out yet. There are still so many books I want to read. Oh yeah, more cleaning and going through things, of course.

So, what have I done? I've been trying to think of that myself. I have spent time with my kids at the pool. Oh, we've stopped for ice cream a couple times. We have been to the library and I got cookbooks while they got chapter books to read. We have been going to church on Wednesdays instead of just Sundays. (my kids have early bedtimes during school...Faith's is 8pm) We have stayed up late watching movies together. Played the Wii a few nights late. We had a party for my in-laws and worked on our genelogy. Oh ~ one of my favorite things! Sleeping in until 7:30!! Woo-hoo! Then, waking up and cuddling with my little girl. We have got to spend more time with Great Grandma too.

My to-do list might just have to wait. It seems like I'm busy....being there in the moment with my family. I am taking moments from the busyness that seems to happen between work and school, and savoring those moments. Putting those moments to good use. Time for a slushy in the heat of the day. Or to swing at the park. Or a game of dominos and clue. Because ~ one day soon ~ they will grown and I'll have plenty of time for my to-do list.


"If I could do anything over, I'd spent more time with my first set of children.

I would have taken more quality time with them for sure." ~ Lee Trevino

1 comment:

MrsRobinson said...

our greatest accomplishments in life are our kids.. You my dear friend are highly accomplished.