Sunday, June 12, 2011

50 Years Together



I love getting all of the "kids" together! :)
L to R: Phillip, Joey, Vernon, Carolyn, Luke, Summer
& Cara. Faith and Abby are in front.


Everyone loved the hair-do's!
Their hair took way too much effort for me!

Lemon Cake with pink frosting
Chocolate Cake with blue frosting



My sister-in-law made these pretty flower
arrangements for the tables. :)




It was a great Sunday! My in-laws were surprised by the anniversary reception. The announcement made it into the newspaper. (that's how they found out!!) My punch turned out really well. No one would guess that it had sugar free 7up and Hawaiian Punch made with Splenda! The only sugar added was with the rasberry & pineapple sherbert. The cake was beautiful. Cupcakes were cute with their gold sugar on top and wrappers of gold. The flowers were a nice touch to the tables. Friends and family came. (I love it when all of the cousins are together.) Moments like this become warm memories to look back on.



I love to glance at the past, so I looked up what some prices were in 1951. In that year, the average income was $3,500. A home cost around $16,000. Gas was 20 cents a gallon. Six bottles of Coke was 37 cents. A postage stamp was three cents! Isn't amazing how much it has gone up in the past fifty years? I wonder what the future will look like when it's our kids or grandkids looking back at our lives?

No comments: