Monday, June 27, 2011

Child of God


"Can a woman forget her
nursing child, that she should
have no compassion for the son
of her womb? Even these may
forget, yet I will not forget you.
Behold, I have engraved you
on the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16

Isn't that amazing? It is hard for my mind to wrap around it really. I forget names all of the time. It's always very awkward when you know some one, but can remember their name. Then, after you speak to them for a moment, two steps later one of your kids say loudly, "Who's that Mommy?" Maybe that only happens to me....but let me tell you...it's a bit embarrassing!


So, God to know all of our names and to be able to keep track of who's married to who and which child He placed with who ~ it is amazing. The power of God. The love of God to not only put us here but to still want to be a part of our lives. For God to hear our prayers, whether spoken or not. For God to know our bad days and to send some one for our support or cheer. To be our loving Father through it all. God will not forget our names, our faces, but most of all, our hearts.

No comments: