Saturday, June 11, 2011

Feelin' Like Summer!



They do love the water!


The water was too cold for me. This is as far as I got!


And, a slice of peach pie to end the day!


Our first few days of summer vacation just passed right by! It felt like I was running here and running there without getting much done. I did get some girl time with my baby girl on Friday. The boys went to Papa's and mowed his lawn and then took him out to lunch. (It was his birthday!) So, Faith and got to walk around the mall and have lunch. We got baked potatoes at Jason's Deli ~ delish! :) Today we got to swim....well, as you can tell by the pictures....Luke and Faith got to swim!! (It was freezing!) Then, it was time to get busy on some cupcakes. Can you keep a secret? Shhhhh..... my sister-in-law and I are planning a surprise reception for my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary! I am just hoping my punch recipe that I found is a good one. (crossing my fingers!) I made a batch of chocolate cupcakes and a batch of lemon cupcakes. I thought those would go well with the white cake they are getting.


It will be fun tomorrow. Surprises are always good, right? I'll let you know how it goes. I keep double checking my list making sure I don't forget anything. The problem is: what if the thing I'm forgetting never made it onto my list to begin with?? LOL You can understand right? I hope that you have a blessed Sunday with your families! Make some wonderful summer memories!


"Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year,

it brings to harvest all the lovelist flowers of the soul."

~ unknown

1 comment:

Holly said...

Hope the reception went well! There will always be things forgotten, and that's okay : )
Sometimes you make due with something else, and it's funnier and memorable!
Love you toes!! It'll get warmer by the end of June! : ) Hugs!