Saturday, January 22, 2011

Snow Days


We finally got some SNOW!! I never really liked winter, but as I've gotten older, I appreciate it. It is a wonderful time to just slow down. We had two days off from school and how I've enjoyed it. No, we didn't do much. No work. No school. No shopping. Just us, together as a family.

Digging in the snow to make some snow ice cream. Luke & Faith did some sledding with some neighbors. Mostly ~ we stayed inside and kept our PJ's on until 10 or 11. We played the Wii a lot. (even on the Wii the game of Life takes an hour!) We watched some Animal Planet and Nick. Yeah, there was the occasional brotherly outburst. That just happens with their age I'm afraid and how close in age they are. We broke it up by going to the youth center on Friday and playing some pool. (yeah, we're trying to teach the kids! ~ it's like the blind leading the blind because I was never that good anyway! LOL)

I've even been able to get caught up on laundry! Yeah, I know. It's exciting around here. But, I'm realizing that's okay. That's who I am. I love making a pot of soup with cornbread & biscuits on a winter day. And mixing up some snow ice cream. And, stepping out into the living room to be with the family that I'm so thankful for. I love SNOW days!!

No comments: