Sunday, January 2, 2011

Faith Kathleen




Faith in 2005 (3 1/2 yrs)
And 2010


Last, but not least, my baby girl. I always wanted a little girl. Growing up, her name was going to be Amanda. Then, as I went through school, the Amanda's I met were not very nice so her named changed to Destiny. In fact, in 2000 I was pregnant with what I knew was a little girl. My pregnancy was different than the boys. I wasn't sick very often. I kinda glowed -- a little. LOL I went to my checks ups which were all normal. Until the 5th month, when I would have my ultrasound. There wasn't a heartbeat. She was gone. I refilled my pain medication they gave me. (I wouldn't do the D&C) I had a hard time after that. I had my boys to help me, but I just wanted my girl back. One year to the date (my check up after my miscarriage), I found out I was pregnant! I was feeling pretty good again. I craved soup like I did with my previous pregnancy. God gave my my baby girl. But, her name changed from Destiny to Faith. Faith is what kept me going that year. Faith that God knows better I. Faith that God hears our cries and knows our hearts.


Faith was a wonderful baby. She was happy. She loved to watch her brothers. I enjoyed her so much knowing that she was the last one. All those little moments that I knew I wouldn't have again. But, with having two big brothers, she didn't want to stay small. She wanted to be big like them. Faith stopped nursing and would only drink from a sippy cup around 9 or 10 months old. (yeah, I cried because I thought I had more time) She knew her ABC's, colors, and shapes by 3. And was reading by 4! Now that she's bigger, she even knew her multiplication in 2nd grade and was learning some division! Faith is like a little sponge that just loves learning.


She also is soft hearted. Faith helps her friends and doesn't want to hurt any one's feelings. There's a special needs boy in her class the past two years that she likes to help. She loves to play games with her family. Faith is a natural athlete. She tried softball because her coach asked her to and she was great. She is one of the best soccer players on her team. (she started soccer when she was 5) And, Faith has been in gymnastics for a year now and they asked her to be on pre-team. (yeah, anyone who knows me - knows she doesn't get it from me!!) Faith is growing up right before my eyes. She still doesn't mind that I call her my baby ~ as long as it's at home! I love you up to the sky my baby!

No comments: