Friday, January 7, 2011

The Focus of 2011

It is the start of another year. I am trying to find what it is that God wants me to be focusing on. What is it that I need to work on or bring to my family?

When I think of 2009, the word Forgiveness comes to mind. It was a hard year because my Dad's cancer got worse. My mom and I talked to him everyday. We would take turns checking on him, each of us going over a few times a week. It was hard to watch him suffer. I didn't understand 'why?'. I went with him to plan his funeral. It was SO hard. But, look back, the word Forgiveness comes to mind. Dad made peace with God and received Forgiveness. I didn't know if that would ever happen, but it did. Praise God!! Also, we forgave each other in a way. I was his little girl, but I was never his 'buddy.' That was my brother. It was hard those two years when he was diagnosed because every time that I saw him, he would ask about my brother. If I talked to him. If I saw him. If my brother knew that he was sick. I was there but I wasn't enough. That was hard. But, that last year, we grew closer. I was given that time with him and I took it as a chance to know my Dad. And all those past mistakes on both of our parts were Forgiven. My mom & I were there when my Dad took his last breath and it's a blessing to know he is happy and probably fishing on the other side!

2010 was another difficult year. My husband's health seemed to get worse. As he has told me several times, he has asthma, heart problems, high blood pressure, and diabetes. He has all of the main diseases except cancer. He doesn't feel good alot of the time and he works third shift. Both of those tends to make a person a little cranky. Then, to top it all off, our finances were so stretched. That's hard on a man and a marriage. We downsized into apartment living for a while. Hopefully, this will give hubby a relief. No fixing or yardwork. Time to concentrate on himself and his health. Plus, live cheaper for a while. Less worry all around ~ at least that is the plan.

Now, to look at 2011 and see what God has planned. The word "sow" comes to mind. He has been pruning me that past couple years.


"I am the true vine and my father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me

that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit He prunes, so

that it may be even more fruitful." ~ John 15:1-2

Getting rid of the stuff I don't need. Clearing space for Him. (if you have every downsized from a house to an apartment, you know how much you clear out in a physcial sense!!). Now, it is time for a fresh start. A new beginning. We must sow to have a future. To sow is to:
a) to scatter seed over earth, land
b) to plant seed for

We must build a foundation to have a strong future. To raise your kids right. To have a strong marriage. For yourself. Now, to figure out what God wants me to sow!! :) What seeds does He want me to scatter and to work on?

No comments: