Monday, January 17, 2011

Purpose

"Listen to the wise and accept discipline and at the end you will be
counted among the wise. Many are the plans in a person's heart,
but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." ~ Proverbs 19:20-21

Can I hear an 'Amen' ?


How many plans have I made through the years? How many times have I prayed for God to come in and change my circumstances? How many times have my plans fell through?


Too Many to Mention!


My carefully laid out plans sometimes don't get okay-ed by the Master Planner. God is all knowing. Just think about that. It blows my mind. He knows my past. ~ which I can remember parts here and there. He knows what is happening now. ~ which I can see what is happening from my little perspective. But, He also knows the future. ~ which I have no clue. He knows that if I make that choice or go down that road, what other people it will effect. I can see my little circle. He sees the ripple effect. And, I do believe in Free Will. I can still make those choices. However, He knows us. He knows our hearts even better that we know ourselves. (amazing!) But, as a friend in Sunday school said, God can put up baby gates around us (figuratively speaking) to protect us.


But - it is the Lord's plans that will prevail. Honestly, there were times when I wasn't thankful for that. A lot of things have happened that were not on any 'to do' list of mine. They were not in my plan book. Now, as a 30-something looking back, Thank God that His will and not my own prevail. So many blessings and so much growth on my part has happened through His plan. God's timing is not my timing. God's will is not always my own. And God's plan does not always match my plans. But ~ I'm thankful that He will prevail.

No comments: