Saturday, January 15, 2011

We Got Today


A friend of mine, her husband went to the doctor and found clogged arteries after testing. The doctor's planned to go in and put stints in if they found anything. However, when they went in it was worse than they thought and stints would not work. He is going to have to bypass two arteries going to his heart. On Yahoo News it said the John Dye, the guy from 'Touched By An Angel,' died of a heart attack at 47 years old. In the last 6 months, Gene George, Don Tyson, and Don Harp have passed away. My husband had a heart attack around 39 years old. His twin brother has had not only a heart attack but a stroke as well.


There are no guarantees. Only God knows when our time is up. The young. The old. The strong and healthy. No one knows. Last year when my brother-in-law had a stroke, it was hard on everyone. His wife was scared, but trying to keep it together. My husband could see himself laying there in that hospital bed. For me ~ that was my brother laying there looking at the newspaper upside down. God knew that I was missing that in my life and I wanted that brother figure. So, He gave it to me through my brother-in-law. My husband couldn't understand why I was up there so much really. But, I'd already lost my own brother due to his own choices to stay away from the family. I didn't want to lose another one. I needed to make sure he was okay. Praise God that he is!


"Since no one knows the future, who can tell some one else
what is to come? As no one has power over the wind to
contain it, so no one has power over their time of death."
Ecclesiastes 8:7-8

The shooting that took place in Arizona just proves that people are nuts. Seriously, what kind of person thinks they have a right to take a gun and just shoot several people? A little girl born on the day of another tragedy, September 11th. Gone. Oh, the grief those parents must be facing! The other victims there as well. No one knew when they left that morning what would happen. That they would never make it back to their earthly home. That their families would have to pick up the pieces and try to carry on with life.


We just don't know when we drop our kids off at school, if we'll be there to pick them up. I know that I assume I will be. I know that they assume I will be. But, there are no guarantees. We have now. Right now to make a difference. Hopefully, if something happens to me now, my family would know how much they mean to me. They could print this blog and read how much I loved them. They would remember when I made their favorites, just for them! Or when they helped me cook & bake in the kitchen. Or the birthday cards I sent them. Or the texts just to say, "hi, hope your okay, love you." Or me yelling out the window while dropping them off at middle school, 'I love you!' :) yep, it's a momma' thing. LOL We have today to share the love that we feel. Who have your shared your love with? Let's not take these opportunities for granted.

No comments: