Tuesday, August 16, 2011

God's Promises


When I see a rainbow, I think of all of God's promises. I know, I know...not very original! :) Yet, it is true! We cannot have the beauty of a rainbow ~ without the storm first. It is not possible. Even in the midst of the storm, God is there in a very real way. What does God promise us?

"Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." ~ Matthew 11:28

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those that love him." ~ 1 Corinthians 2:9

"But whoever listens to me will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of disaster." ~ Proverbs 1:33

"Before they call, I will answer; while they are yet speaking I will hear." ~ Isaiah 65:24

God did not promise a life with only sunny days with puffy clouds floating in the sky. God did not promise health, nor wealth. God didn't say we'd be the popular ones with lots of friends. God didn't even promise that we wouldn't suffer. Somethings are just a part of life on this side of heaven.

But God did promise to be the friend we can rely on. God has promised to prepare a place just for you and me. There is no reason to fear or dread because it is all under God's control. God promised to listen...and not just listen, but to answer. That where ever we find ourselves, God is there. He can hear our faintest cries. He knows our hearts. He knows where we have been and he knows where we are going. AND ~ He is there with us through it all.

No comments: