Thursday, August 4, 2011

Camp Week


Last Sunday, after church, we dropped the kids off at camp. This is their first year. They were a bit nervous. Mommy was a bit nervous. Joey went to band camp earlier this summer, but that was only one kid-o. This time I was leaving all three of them. It is a christian camp that has been around a while and several of the kids at church go every year. So, I wasn't too worried about their safety.

Besides, they send you a link to the pictures they download everyday. For instance, today they put up over 450 pictures! So, I have spent several hours just going through all of the pictures they put on there just to tag my kid-o's and see what their doing. You can put them in a favorites folder and order them at the end of the week. Out of all of those photos, there has only been one photo of Luke taken with his cabin on the first day. I have been so worried. Just asking for one picture of my boy! Just one! Finally, today, Luke's pictures was the last one in a group of photos: #307. I'm thinking, maybe I should have asked for two?! :~D

But, what was Mommy going to do with a week without children?? Seriously, it has never happened!! Never! It's been several years since they all three spent the night at one of their grandparent's house. That's about it. I went to lunch with a friend and we got to catch up over Chinese. Yum!! I stayed up until 2am several nights, then didn't get up until 9am. (I love to read!) Here's something amazing! I did three days worth of laundry in one load!! ;) Miracle! Tonight, I got the sewing machine out. I made Faith two dresses and one longer shirt for Capri/ stretchy pants. Pictures will come after she's here to try them on and I can be sure they look okay! LOL

So, really ~ that to do list I was going to get done. All that cleaning I was going to do. Well, it still needs to be done! :) It was an eat fruit loops at 10 am kinda week. A week of just not doing a whole lot and being just fine with that. Next Friday is our all day meeting before school starts. There is just not very many days of summer left. Cleaning will have to wait until another day!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Oh gosh, sounds great! I would have great plans, but I don't know if I'd stick to it either! : )
Hope the week went well!! Mine have never all been gone either. Maybe one day? : ) Hugs, Jen!