Saturday, August 27, 2011

Clueless Teacher. . .


There are times when things happen that you can just roll off. No biggy. Plus, it's a lot easier to let things just roll off when they happen to you. But, when people mess with my kids ~ that is a different thing all together.

Friday I was SO mad. If fact, the word 'mad' doesn't describe it. I was so angry that I knew I couldn't rationally call the school. All those words that don't come out of me ~ well, they were going through my head. I just wanted to sit these people down and YELL and SCREAM!! So, I didn't call at all. After several hours of trying to calm down and telling God how mad I was ~ I finally could calm down enough to compose a rational e-mail.

You might be wondering what in the world happened on Friday. (If your not wondering, you might just want to stop reading now!) Friday, we picked Luke up from middle school. I'm asking the usual questions about how his day was and what he had for lunch. The normal stuff. He then tells me that his pod (they separate the kids in middle school by pods) got to go outside and have ice cream. BUT, he didn't get to go. My first thought was it was because they had chocolate ice cream. (he's allergic) Nope that wasn't it. So, I asked if he got in trouble. Nope that wasn't it either.

Luke then proceeded to tell me that the ice cream was a reward for doing well on the Benchmark. And, they (some teacher I guess) told him that he didn't do good enough. So, Luke as well as a few other kids had to go to a language room and do extra work while the other kids went outside to have ice cream. I asked who else the other kids where. You want to know the kicker?? They were the kids in his resource language class last year!! These kids that didn't get to participate were resource kids with IEP's!! And some clueless teacher had the gawl to tell my child that he didn't do well enough on his Benchmark!

Just thinking about it makes my blood pressure go up. How dare she!! She has no idea how hard he tried. She has no idea how much progress he made on his benchmark. She has no idea what she did to my son and the other resource kids! I e-mailed Luke's assistant principal. I like to think that he has no idea about this. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. However, if I don't get a response on Monday that is satisfactory, I'll be up there. I don't make a lot of friends with assistant principals but that's okay. They come and they go in my life. But ~ that is my kid they are messing with.

2 comments:

MrsRobinson said...

I'm so sorry that is so wrong ...u have darnell ..he is very reasonable I had several issue with that school and kassie last yr and I found Darnell to be very helpful. How he gets it straightened out for you...stay firm
And dont cave ...once they realized
The only option they had was to work with me they did :)

Kacee said...

I am so sorry that this happened to Luke!! Please give him a hug for me. You are a great, supportive mom and your kids are lucky to have you to watch out for them. Love ya, girl! Please keep posted on how it turns out.