Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Ups and Downs

"You, Lord, are forgiving and good,
abounding in love for all who call to you.
Hear my prayer, Lord;
listen to my cry for mercy.
When I am in distress, I call to you,
because you answer me."
Psalm 86:5-7


So often in life, this is me. Crying out in distress when conflict enters my life. Or tragedy enters. Or even confusion. Help Lord!! And yes ~ in this life, there is a lot of that going on. It seems like we are either starting that time in our lives. In the middle of it. Or just coming out of it. (remotely sounds like P.M.S. heehee!)


Lately, I've become a lot more sensitive than I used to be. I've always been that person in the card isle reading one after another trying to find the perfect card. Wiping tears away on some. Oh, yes, remember Touched by an Angel? Yeah, cried. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition? Yep, cried. Funerals I went with my husband but didn't even know the person? Oh, yeah, cry like a baby. Oh, one of the worst for me is that Christmas Shoes song. I cannot listen to it - not even the first chorus - without tears!! (come on, that's a SAD song!) Now, it doesn't even seem to take that much. (Yes I know, your saying that it took sooo much before, right?) Small things in life can make my eyes misty.


I am just SO full of thankfullness!


In the middle of the stress of my life ~ the daily conflicts ~ the pain ~ I still can find JOY because Christ hears my cry. Because even when things are not going the way I think they should ~ God is still in control! Because even when I am having a fit and acting like a two year old (or teenager!) ~ God still blesses me!



24. Daisys growing wild in the fields.

25. Smell of honeysuckle through open windows.

26. Sunshine after the storms.

27. Snuggles with my babies.

No comments: