Friday, May 13, 2011

L I F E



I do know that no one said that life would be easy. It's just that sometimes ~ I do wish it was a tiny bit easier. :) Or maybe not even 'easier' is the word I'm thinking of. I think it would help me out just to even have the game plan. That the hard parts would be a bit better because I'd know what the next play was. The decisions would be a bit easier because I'd know where I'm headed.

Then ~ there is real life. The walking through the mud because we didn't see the bridge down the other path. The making a wrong decision because we thought it looked right. My husband works at a factory now. He's never liked his job. They are now talking about going down to two lines. Which, with all of the layoffs they already had because of the economy, would leave him jobless. Kent is the dreamer. (just open a bakery) I'm the realist. (the hours, loans, ect) He'd love to find that awesome job. I try to be realistic with him. If you ask people, sad to say, but most people don't like their jobs. One of our friends is a driver. His job has long hours and, of course, stress. That's LIFE. But, he finds teaching in church to fill his soul.

My job is just that ~ a job. Do I wake up excited about my job? Not really. But, my job gives me the hours I need to support my family. It doesn't fulfill me each day, but I leave it behind when I walk out the door and find people and things that fulfill me. I love being with my kids. I read books to lift me. I bake for my family and others to make me happy. I love to paint and take pictures to see my world. I write and do other things that fill my soul. My job doesn't define me. It's a small part of my life that helps pay bills. Maybe when the kids are bigger and I don't have to think about after school care, another job will come along.

I don't think that God wants us to be miserable in our jobs. Sometimes I think the misery is coming from us and our attitudes. (at least from my experience) I believe that we're in those places for a reason. To encourage others. To learn something. Any number of reasons. Sometimes those awesome jobs are out there with your name on it. (woo-hoo!) But, sometimes God puts is in a not-so-great job so that the good insurance will pay for heart surgery. (been there!) Or so that your autistic son doesn't have to deal with daycare. (done that!) So, I don't know where this road of LIFE is taking us. But ~ that's nothing new. I'll just let God be my pilot and lead me where I need to go for real joy comes not in our lives or jobs ~ but in Christ alone. No matter what circumstance may come, there can still be joy.


"Count in all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you
know the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness
has its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."
James 1:2-4

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by
the power of the Holy Spirit, you may abound in hope."
Romans 15:13

No comments: