Sunday, May 15, 2011

Making A List...

I read this book about a month ago, but I've still been thinking about it. It has stirred a wanting in my heart ~ a desire in my heart. To start my own list. My Gift List from God.
It is so easy to go through each day and by the end of the day, do you remember the gifts that God has given you? Or do you remember your boss that blamed you? Or your kids that talked back to you? Or your car that wouldn't start?

I know that myself, some days it is hard to remember the good things. Those small gifts that God gives us each and everyday. (or those big gifts too!) Once you start making your list, you can look back over your day or your month ~ and see and remember your blessings. In her book, she gives us part of her list throughout. From the sunrise over the fields to the blue jay at the window. Those moments that make you smile and remind you that God is here, where you are.

So, right now my list starts. I'll share some of my list throughout my blog. Just to remind each of us of the gifts that God has given.

1. For God that loves me despite me
2. Grace that helps me when I fall
3. Three special kids that call me, "Mom"

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father

of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

James 1:17

No comments: