Friday, April 13, 2012

Month of Service: April


2nd Annual Fishing Tournament for Children's Hospital



Love to see my children serving others!

The number of early entries doubled to 150 boats!

All proceeds went to the Arkansas Children's Hospital.

It was a great Friday the 13th!  I woke up from a NyQuil induced sleep to an upset stomach, stuffy nose, and achy all over.  But, I signed up to help and I was determined to go.  :)  So, a little more slowly than usually, I got ready to go.  Kent and I called in to work.  Kids got to miss school.  This is our second year to participate and we were all looking forward to it.

God gave us a beautiful day.  A little cloudy, but no rain.  (which is good...I'm a bit of a wimp once the rain starts!)  The sun wasn't too hot.  Just a good day to serve others.  I love seeing my kids my put their gloves on and get to work.  :)  Very thankful for our church to provide this opportunity to give.  To teach my kids by example of these wonderful people.  Thankful heart tonight!  Now, we are planning our May outreach!  Let's see what doors that God will open!

"...let the greatest among you become as the youngest, and the leader
 as one who serves.  For who is the greater, one who reclines at table
 or one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at table? But I am
among you as the one who serves."  ~  Luke 22:26-27

No comments: