Monday, April 2, 2012

Thoughts on Blessings...

"One gives freely, yet grows all the richer;
 Another withholds what he should give,
 and only suffers want.
Whoever brings blessing will be enriched,
And one who waters will himself be watered."
Proverbs 11:24-25


Tonight I'm examining myself a bit.  I believe it's good to take a look at yourself.  See the things that need worked on.  Accept the things that cannot be changed.  Take a good look ~ warts and all.

And I wonder ~ when others count their list of blessings, do I even cross their mind?  How many lives have a really, truly touched?  How many would consider me a blessing in their life?  Before you get too worried about me, I'm fine! LOL  Just a little deep thinking...

Am I doing my best to make a difference??

Do I try to reach out to others?? (even when it's not easy)

Do I love more and judge less?

My 'goal', you could say, is not to be on every one's list.  Just to give freely...to bring blessings to others... to be the person that other's are happy to see.  We all have people we'd love to hide down another isle and pretend we didn't see.  Be Honest!  I know I am not the only one!! LOL =D  I just want to make sure that it's not me your hiding from!    

I realize that I can't make everyone like me.  It's took me years, many books, and the help of God to make me realize that statement.  It bears repeating.  Not everyone is going to like me.  (or you!) But, that is okay.  Just live with the light of God inside of you.  Either they will accept you eventually or not.  Just work on yourself.

But right now ~ think of the blessings in your life.  What do they have in common?  The ones that pop in my head... they accept me they way I am.  They love me despite myself.  They reach out when I need encouragement.  So that is what I need to be to others.....
               Accepting
                                                Loving
                                                                       Encouraging

No comments: