Monday, April 23, 2012

My Strength

“For I, the Lord your God,
hold your right hand;
it is I who say to you,

 Fear not, I am the one
who helps you.”
Isaiah 41:13 ESV


I look around and feel so small at times.  I look around at the problems we are facing...the ones my family and friends are facing... and I am, well, I am just me.  I feel overwhelmed.  Angry.  Frustrated.  Sad.  Confused.  All of those human emotions go through me.  I am very thankful that my help...my strength through all of this, is not of this world. 

I don't pretend to understand why friends have to have fertility issues when a drug user has several children she doesn't care about.  I don't understand why friend's have to go in for a breast biopsy because the scans are not normal.  I don't understand why my husband has to go through a possible by-pass surgery when he is in his 40's.  I don't understand a lot of things.  But, I do know some one that sees the whole picture.

Through these situations, God's love and strength keeps us going.  His comfort through His word and through others makes things bearable.  Right now, I must continue to walk in faith knowing that He is guiding my steps... knowing that He is in control.  I must hand these situations, my family, and friends into His loving arms knowing that His goodness and strength will prevail. 

No comments: