Friday, April 20, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Together

It is that time once again.  To write unscripted ...un-edited (besides spell check! LOL)  for five minutes.  The topic today:  Together


S T A R T

I know what your thinking....a duck...what does that have to do with anything??  But, this is a momma' duck waiting for that last little duckling to wake up and crack through the shell.  She didn't leave her nest when I was squatting right next to her taking her picture.  I SO wanted to try to pet her then I thought how much I liked my finger!

Many times I feel like that duck.  Waiting.  I'm waiting on God's next step.  I'm waiting to see what happens next.  I want to protect my family.  Yet, I realize more and more that I have no control over protecting my family.  Besides not running in the street and don't put your fingers in light sockets ~ well, even then ~ God's in control.  God's protecting my family even when I think it's me. 

And God will continue to protect us through this next step.  Kent's heart cath is on May 2nd.  The doctor seems to have forgotten how bad it is in there.  He basically told us today that he'll stint him up and he'll be done.  But, we know from last year, that there is good chance a stint won't fix it.  That a by-pass will be happening on May 2nd.  We are trying to get mentally ready for it.  Then, if something happens and we get good news that a stint will fix it ~ it's even better! :)  The nurse (not the regular nurse) even said that if the doctor doesn't have to do anything, Kent will go home in a couple hours.  Kent and I both laughed at that one! Honestly we did.  The nurse looked at us a bit funny. 

We walk together with God.  Always.  He guides our ways.  He knows our future and has our best interest in mind.  God's there through the joy and the pain.  I know He will walk with my family through this next step.  There's no one we'd rather be together with.

S T O P

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be
frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with
you wherever you go.” ~ Joshua 1:9 ESV

2 comments:

cALyPsO said...

Hey.. I really hope May 2nd brings great healing and joyfulness to you and your sweet family.
You're not alone..

susanwalkergirl said...

I like the picture!

Praying that Kent's procedure goes well on May 2nd, that the Lord will give the doctor skillful hands and enable the stint to work flawlessly. Praying for you both to have God's peace as you face this together.

Blessings in Christ...Susan