Monday, April 16, 2012

T H O R N S

"...Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was
given a thorn  in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.
 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my
 power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the
 more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on
 me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in
hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak,
 then I am strong. "   2 Corinthians 12:7-10

Thorns.  Paul didn't understand why.  He cried out to God.  He pleaded to God.  I don't understand. The three-letter word, "WHY?", has come from my lips numerous times.  I'm guessing that you don't either.  What ever thorn that you are bearing....

Thorns of Infertility

Thorns of Miscarriage

Thorns of Divorce

Thorns of Diabetes

Thorns of Autism

Thorns of Cancer

Thorns of Heart Disease

But, God knows each of our thorns.  He knows our pain....and confusion.  He sees the big picture.  The one we are unable to see.  He knows how this thorn we are going through will make HIM shine brighter.  God may choose to take away your thorn.  Although, that is not a guarantee.  I have been through many of thorns listed myself.  Miscarriage.(at 5 months)  Diabetes (mother, husband, numerous others)  Autism (my son) Cancer (my Dad) Heart Disease (my husband)  Not all of the thorns have been healed and removed.  (YET, I still believe MY GOD CAN HEAL)

In fact, my husband is struggling with this right now.  His thorns are too much at times.  He is in his 40's.  He has Asthma, Heart Disease, and Diabetes.  Of course with those things come high blood pressure and cholesterol. (that just on his own!)  We would love to find a wonderful Dr. Oz that wants to help him get off of the medication instead of just giving him another one.  That hasn't happened.  He has 3 or 4 stints in his heart already.  The doctor told him just last year, the next step is bypass surgery.  Now, that is looking like a reality.  A near future kinda reality...not in the distance.  He has been actually using his nitros...not just loosing them.  :(  He has a heart doctor appointment on Friday which I am going.  (by the time he get's home ~ he'll have the doc saying everything is just fine! lol)

The thorns my husband must bear are daily reminders that this world is not our home.  I don't understand why some must bear many thorns.  While others seem to breeze by.  Maybe they are just better at acting like everything is fine?  I am not sure.   I am just thankful that our Savior sees the big picture.  And through this next journey, He will be with us every step of the way.  If you could, please add Kent to your prayer list.  Thank you.

No comments: