Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Thoughts

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live,
but Christ who lives  in me. And the life I now live in the flesh
 I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave
 himself for me."   ~  Galatians 2:20


 I love the last part of that verse.  He loved me.  He gave himself for me.  Not just me ~ but you as well.  We were on his mind.  We are the reason that His angels did not swoop down and set him free.  We are the reason.  Is that not a bit mind boggling?  

So, now because of Jesus, this world is not our home.  I know this world is not the end.  Just as He arose, so will we.  Suffering will vanish.  Tears will dry.  Our tired bodies will be put to rest.  And our spirits will be free.  What a gift we have been given! 

Thank you, Lord, for loving me.  Through my ups and downs.  Through my mistakes.  Through my failures.  Your unconditional love stays strong even when I am weak.  Thank You for loving me.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Oh gosh, and I'm weak. Good thing He loves me anyway. : ) Hugs and Happy EAster!!