Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Deliverer


"May all who seek you; rejoice and be glad in you!
May those who love your salvation say evermore, 'God is great!'
But I am poor and needy; hasten to me, O God!
You are my help and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay!"
Psalm 70:4-5

I believe that we have all been in David's shoes.  We have all said something similar.

Lord, please hear me!

Lord, be quick!

There is so much pain and sorrow in this world.  Our prayer sheet is filled with cancer.  Prayers for the lost souls ~ especially our own family members.  Prayers for our kids to stay strong in this world.  Our prayers become pleas on our hearts.  Burdens that we take to the Lord. 
              To Hear Us...
                                   To Comfort...
                                                         To Heal...
                                                                         And ~ can you make it happen now? 

Amazing how we haven't changed through the years! ;)  I find myself again and again asking God for the same things.  I know that He hasn't forgotten what I asked for yesterday.  Nor, is He surprised by me asking again today.  I can be so impatient at times! Just wish that I could glimpse at the big picture so that I could understand.  (don't we all??)  Our needs have not changed throughout time.  We all need healing.  We all need a shoulder to cry upon.  We all need saved.  Thankfully, our Healer, Comforter, and Savior ~  He has not changed either.  He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

No comments: