Friday, March 23, 2012

Living L O U D

It is Friday, which means Five Minute Friday with Gypsymama.  Today's word is:  LOUD.  Here we go with five minutes unedited...  well...except for spellcheck! LOL ;D

GO!

God calls us to live on purpose.  For a purpose.  Our purpose is to go out and spread God's word just as Jesus' disciples did in the New Testament.  That is our job.  Yet, most of us do it so quietly.

That includes me.  I let God speak in my actions.  I let God speak in the music that I listen to.  I let God quietly in the conversations with others.  But there are others out there that live LOUD.  Which is not always a good thing!

The ones that come to mind are the Westboro Baptist Church.  If you'll remember that's the church that pickets serviceman's funerals.  I looked at their website (which is named god hates fags) and it says they have picketed over 40,000 funerals in 800 cities.  Seriously!  The thing I didn't know ~ their membership is only about 40 people.  Isn't that amazing that only 40 people can have such a loud effect on the nation?  They have made national news spreading hate and judgement ~  when that is not what we are called to do.

Imagine how we could change the world if we lived LOUD?  If we loudly proclaimed the goodness of Christ?

STOP

okay...that was about 8 minutes because I lost track of time! :)

1 comment:

Holly said...

Well..sometimes quiet draws people better than words. ; )
Share the gospel with everyone you meet. Use words if absolutely necessary.
; )