Friday, March 16, 2012

I'm Batman...well, not really

I'm linking up today with Gypsymama.  To write unscripted for 5 minutes.  No editing or making things sound politically correct.  Just writing from the heart.  This week word is:
BRAVE
When I think of the word brave, my mind goes to superheros. (What can I say, I have two boys) My favorite would be Batman. No, it's not because they are usually portrayed as some one really good looking and rich. But, as I have grown older, I do appreciate that! ;D It is because Batman is smart. He uses his brain. He wasn't born with any powers. Nor was he bitten and attained powers. Batman used his brain (or Alfred's) and created things to defeat the evil.

I realize that superheros are not the only brave ones out there. There are real brave people in the world today. Brave as they fight cancer. Brave as they face losing a child. Brave as they face divorce. Brave as they bury their parents. These are the wonderful souls God has put into our lives to show bravery to us by example.

Which overwhelms me sometimes. How can I even compare? I am just...well... I am me. I'm not really brave.  But, I think back over what God has helped me through the past few years. The grace extended to me through God. The strength God has given me through those difficulties. I realize that there are all types of bravery. My own situations were not bravery. Nope, it wasn't me at all. It was grace and a whole-lotta' faith.  It was all HIM.

STOP

P.S.  Tomorrow will be our March service project at the animal shelter.  I can't wait!  I'll keep you posted!  :)

No comments: