Saturday, March 17, 2012

Month of Service: March


We donated 115 pounds of food with the help of friends!


Luke walked this senior dog that is part wolf.


Kent and Luke with sweet Teddybear!


Joey with my favorite, Ike.


Faith helped with giving them Heart worm Medicine.


Today we did our March month of service project.  We headed to the Lone Pine Animal Shelter in Centerton.  It's a small, non-profit animal shelter that is run by volunteers.   This time, Kent came with us and we spent the morning together as a family giving animals the attention they need.  The first thing we did was get the animals out and walk them around this large field in front.  Faith and I got this German Shepard that was SO strong.  I think that he walked us.  Didn't even get a picture of him because I was being dragged across the field trying to control him! :)  Luke's dog got out of his collar, jumped over a fence, and ran back to the shelter! After that, Luke got that wonderful senior dog that is a beautiful part-wolf.  Poor thing was so tired after the walk, he tripped over his own feet and fell.  Joey and Kent's dogs were a more normal. 

After the walking we helped get some current pictures.  Then, we helped give them their heart worm medicine.  Our first day of spring break and we had beautiful weather.  We all had a great time.  I am sure that we will be there again soon! :)  Next month ~  I am not sure yet what we are doing.  Still in the planning stage.   :)  

This week, though, I get a week with my kid-o's.  Yeah!!  We are planning on going to the art museum that opened recently.  I am going to take them out one day and get some spring pictures outside.  The ones on the wall are about 2 years old.  Unfortunately, my nieces are not able to join us this week.  :(  Maybe this summer.  I love my family!  :D  So, enjoy your week!  Make some memories to look back on!  Give Love!  After all, that is what matters!

No comments: