Friday, March 9, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Empty

I'm linking up today with Gypsymama.  Five minute Fridays.  Five minutes are writing from the heart.  No editing.  No worring if it's right or wrong.  This Friday's topic:  EMPTY.

Here I go...

My brother has been on my heart even more lately.  He lives right here.  So close...yet so far.  We have had a rough childhood.  No way around it.  I know that we each handle things differently.  And...at different times.  But, the one thing I also know  ~  this pain.  this anger.  this confusion.  All those emtions that he has been dealing with since childhood, cannot be cured by hanging on to it. 

That anger and hurt can only be emptied.  Handed over to God.  It's too much for us.  But, God can take it and He can handle it.  We must be empty so that we may be filled with God's love and blessings.  It does take time to go through the process.  I just pray that God will work on my brother.  That this process of healing can begin somehow....though someone.  Once you hand over all of the pain to God ~ those blocks on your shoulders are gone.  That pain some one caused you might still be in your mind sometimes....but it no longer has power to hurt you any longer. 
To be empty is to be Free..

TIME
only two paragraphs in 5 mintues? I'll have to continue this later.(:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

perusing last week's Five Minute Friday!! Praying for freedom for your brother.. We have to empty the anger, selfishness, etc. in order to be filled with what God has for us!!

Holly said...

Oh gosh! Empty says so much-I know I could empty me..and I know some people who need to empty themselves too. Oh, that we could all be filled up just with God's love. : )