Wednesday, March 21, 2012

God Moments

God can use us even while we are kicking and screaming.  God can even use us when we are trying to be selfish.  God can take the (often times) little bit we are willing to give ~ and multiply it.  He takes what He is given and transforms it into something beautiful.

It doesn't always happen that way.  There are times when I try (and I feel that I am) a cheerful giver.  Times when I put others before me.  Times when my heart is open and I am willing and ready to serve.  Those moments can be such a blessing to myself as well as others.  But some of those moments...well, they don't always turn out so well. Sometimes those moments are taken wrong.  It's like  I started with fresh, clear water (good intentions)...then ended up in a mud bath! ;D  I realize that God's trying to tell me something.

You see ~ those moments when I am willing and ready, that is how I should be all of the time.  I shouldn't have to get myself ready or prepared...that should be me ALL of the time.  So God, takes those moments when I grudgingly give just an inch or two  (because I am thinking about me) and shows me what that moment should have been.  He can take that small amount and make a difference.  Just to show me that it's not all about me.  To show me where I can do better.  To show me how to LOVE more.  And more completely.

"Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count
 others more significant than yourselves.   Let each of you look not
 only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others."
Philippians 3-4

Where has God used you lately?  Were you willing and ready?  Or did God transform your little bit into something wonderful?  I've had both recently.  I love our volunteer moments I do with my family once a month.  It is such a blessing to get out and be in circumstances that your not normally in.  But, I've also had God take a 'me' moment and transform it into a God moment.  (where it should have been all the time)  God is an amazing teacher!

1 comment:

Holly said...

You are right-He can turn it around in a minute! : ) Hope you are having a great break..hoping for some sunshine this weekend though! ; )