Friday, September 23, 2011

Rejoice in Sufferings


“More than that, we rejoice in
our sufferings, knowing that
suffering produces endurance,
and endurance produces character,
and character produces hope,”
Romans 5:3-4


Everyday I go to BibleGateway.com for the verse of the day. Today, this is the verse. God has a way of getting what you need to you. Today, this is what I needed. You see, my life hasn't been very smooth lately. (if you can't tell from my posts lately..lol) Life has been, well, for lack of a better word . . . hard. My roots, my hope, my faith is knowing that God has a purpose. That He is in control.

God has a way of stripping everything away. And if you have never been there, I am sure one day you will. My husband's job has gone from full time with lots of overtime to full time. Now, it's 4 days a week sometimes. The economy isn't getting any better. A year ago, we moved from our home to a 4 bedroom apartment. Which if you have lived in a house for any amount of time, you know how much stuff you can accumulate?!? Geez! We lived there over 10 years, so it was a lot of stuff. Through it, I felt that God was just trying to get rid of all of the stuff taking up room in our lives. We got rid of stuff and moved. Now, it is looking as if we might need to move again. I want to yell and scream and cry. . . not that this is so wonderful. But, I'm not big on change especially not for moving up.

My husband's job may not even last through Christmas. If it does, it will surprise everyone that is still left. What a thought. Right now, I'm working through the school system. My kids go to the schools that I prefer and I am able to pick up my kids everyday because I get off at 1. Their schools are very important for me. Luke got lost in a school that was majorly ESL. So, I've learned my lesson. My daughter's in gifted and talented and would be bored in some of the schools in the district. My best friend moved to Oklahoma recently. A major reason was because her son was not getting the help that he needed. She was told they passed him because he was white!! Geez!! As much as they might say every school is the same, I know that it is not. Another plus, I am off when they are. I love that part, but the pay stinks because I didn't finish my degree. (only 2 years of college..lesson learned) However, if I go back to work full time somewhere (that's saying I can find a job in this economy), I have to think about who picks up the kids after school. Plus, the two weeks for Christmas, spring break, and couple months during the summer. Most people I know, have grandparents that take the kids. We don't have that help. Both of our parents are older and not able to handle the kids on a daily basis. That means childcare for three kids. One of the three having autism. I just don't see that helping. I worked 8-5 for a year & a half not that long ago, it just left all of us frustrated and exhausted.

Right now, I'm just praying for something to open up for my husband. It is so hard to see some one with a good work ethic and is there everyday, become in this situation. Salaries that are enough for a family are hard to come by right now. Did you know that the cost of living has jumped high but the medium income has stayed the same since the late 80's?? Just sad... For now, our lease is up and we have to start collecting boxes. We cannot sign another lease which will put us even farther behind. I know in my heart, that God has a plan for us. . . again. I just wish I knew what it was. Of course, if I knew what it was ~ it would not be Faith. I always wonder why in life we have to struggle so much with money (the rich and the poor), yet money won't mean anything in Heaven. We won't even need it because God will provide all. Sounds wonderful to me!

1 comment:

Kacee said...

I am praying!! Please keep me posted and don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do to help.