Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pass the Blessings


God knows when we are tired. He knows when we need a little hope. I've been feeling a bit worn out. . . physically and emotionally... in need of a little hope. God can supply this through others. This Saturday was filled with soccer as usual lately. Afterwards, we went to get some pizza for lunch with my niece and her parents. We ran into some friends my husband and brother-in-law grew up with. They left and the waitress told us that our tab was taken care of. They bought our lunch.

I know they didn't think much about it, but it reminded me of God's love. God's care. Hope, that even in the midst of the anniversary of 9/11, good is still out there. I know, I know ~ it's lunch. But, it wasn't something they had to do. It wasn't something expected of them. It's going a little extra for others. When is the last time that you went out of your way for some one else? Not for their birthday... just for no reason at all.

God might be trying to use you to bless another person. Are you the person getting in the way of God's blessings to some one else?? So, I'm on the lookout... I'm going to be passing the blessing along. No, it probably won't be buying lunch. Maybe I could make dinner for someone that might need it. Maybe I could run some errands for another. I don't know yet. I just know that I'm open. I just know that I here, Lord, for You to use.



"God is not unjust; He will not forget your work and the love
you have shown him as you have helped his people and
continue to help them." ~ Hebrews 6:10

No comments: