Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Our Metamorphosis


"But now you must also rid yourselves
of all such things as these: anger,
rage, malice, slander, and filthy
language from your lips. Do not lie
to each other, since you have taken
off your old self with its practices
and have put on the new self, which
is being renewed in knowledge in the
image of its Creator." Colossians 8-10


We each are in our own transformation. Our own metamorphosis. Our situations leave us changed. As people come in and out of our lives, we are changed. I am not the same person I was ten years ago. Or even five years ago. Nor am I the same person I was a couple months ago. I have changed, just as you have.

Each day there are opportunities that may never come again. Each day is a new beginning filled with promise. . . and hope. Each day gives us a chance to grow a little more. Strengthen our faith a little more. Show love and kindness to others. Lean on God a little more. To become more like our Creator. That is our journey.

That is a tough act to follow. Sometimes I'm too tired to stand guard and be alert. Sometimes my own selfish wants start to take over. Sometimes...well, I am just not far enough in my walk...not strong enough in my journey...to do what I should. This is where God's grace covers my sins. This is when God's strength helps me push through.

So, please remember those times when I don't make that bar or that standard that you believe I should make ~ I'm not perfect. When words of anger or slander come out of my mouth ~ I'm just a sinner. I'm on a journey, growing and changing everyday. I'm not the same person I was. One day, I will change from a caterpillar crawling on this earth and fly free as a butterfly into heaven.

1 comment:

Char said...

Well said Jen - thanks for the reminder.