Saturday, July 16, 2011

Let the Music Play


Joey's First Performance at the Walton Art Center

My teenager has made it back from band camp. Five whole days of instruction at the University of Arkansas. He loved it. Yes, I do think that he must have missed me a little bit. He did call me or text me every night. :) I'm sure that not every other teenager did that.

Of course, when he came back I could see him trying to grow up a little bit. He actually sat on the couch and told us about it. He actually wanted to talk with us and tell us everything!! :) Usually, we have to ask lots of questions and get a few answers. I am hoping that this experience will motivate him. It will make him actually want to practice. Right now, he is happy with just getting by. Teenage thing, I think. "Why study when I make A's or B's without studying?" I've tried to teach good study habits. Luke and Faith have learned them. What is it about first children??

Joey is moving on up to jr. high this year. It will bring some changes to his life. He actually signed up for two pre-ap classes this year. (can you believe they are offered to 8th graders??) I'm think that he will have to learn some study habits this year which will be good for him. I am proud of him. Joey has always wanted to be in band and if lugging around the biggest instrument in the band is what it takes ~ he will do it. I believe that this concert will be the first of many for my little tuba player. And, if the Lord allows, I'll be cheering the loudest and the mom trying to get up there with the band to get the best picture. (nooo.....I didn't do that...no one came up to me and told me to get down from up there...nooo...not at all!)

"Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp!
Praise him with tambourine and dance, praise him with strings and pipe!
Praise him with sounding cymbals; prise him with loud clashing cymbals!
Let everything that has breath Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!"
Psalm 150:3-6

No comments: