Tuesday, July 12, 2011

While Joey's At Camp...

Luke got a strike!

Faith won the game!

Little Owen chillin' out at splash pad

Ellie is wondering where did the water go

I dropped Joey off at the University of Arkansas band camp on Sunday morning. It is Joey's first camp experience at all. He was SO excited!! So, until I pick him up on Friday, it is just Luke and Faith with me this week. I'm trying to do a few things fun since Joey is off and having fun. Seems fair, doesn't it?

Monday we began the week with a game of bowling. Sounded great since it's been over 100 degrees outside lately right? Well, Faith won the game with a total of 93!! I came in second in the 80's somewhere. Luke only made it to the 60's. That did not go over with Luke. My autistic child came out. Tears were shed because he was not ready to leave. He wanted to try again...and again. (this is my child that hits the "play again" button until we kick him off the Wii) I pretty much told him I'm not fighting with him. We are leaving now. Not talking back with him or arguing, I just got my shoes and walked towards the door along with Faith. Luke got the point and put his sandals on and got into the car. I let him pick lunch and that kinda' got him out of his funk that he was in.

Today we made plans to meet a friend and her two children at the splash pad in Rogers. I thought it would be great for a 2 year old to run and play. My kids still like it because theirs buckets of water that pour on your head, what's not to like? :) We ate and Subway and stopped a couple second hand shops in Rogers. I LOVE going through the books!! My kid-o's get books for 25 cents to a dollar. I get books for a couple dollars too. A bookstore but better because everyone gets books without breaking the bank.

I'm not sure what the plans are for tomorrow. I guess we will see. It has been weird without Joey. Luke doesn't have the big brother to bug and drive crazy. I would think that it would help his autism. When actually, it hasn't. Luke has had more autistic moments these past few days than in weeks! Even my husband has noticed. Just two more days then things can get back to the 'normal' that I am used to. (you remember right? the fighting over who's turn it is to help with dishes post? LOL)

No comments: