I am now one of the 81, 610 people in the US that was newly diagnosed with kidney cancer in 2024. That statistic is really the only one category I fit in. Risk facts include smoking, high blood pressure, and obesity. (yeah, I am chunky, but I am not that chunky. None of my doctors has said my weight was an issue) The average age for kidney cancer is 67 with most diagnosis between ages 60 - 74. This type of cancer is twice as common in Men. And kidney cancer is more common in African American, American Indian, and Alaska Native people. So, if you look at all of the statistics of kidney cancer -- it should not be me. I would have never gotten screened for it. There are no flags popping up that would tell a doctor that I have kidney cancer. Even my bloodwork showed my kidneys are working fine. Honestly, that scares me even more. There really is not any reason for me to have it. Without having pa...
My blood tests came back and apparently, I don't have any food allergies. I was a bit disappointed. I keep hoping for a moment where it is a, "yes! that's the reason!" I wanted to know the reason for this stuff to be happening. To point at something and I have this food intolerance and it caused my body to react. But alas, that is not the case for me. I did go to another podiatrist. The idea that the arthritis on the top of my foot was causing all of this swelling in my feet. It just didn't seem right. That clinic slapped a label on it and that was it. The new podiatrist didn't even do x-rays. He felt around on my feet and told me that several of his patients have arthritis in their feet but it does not look like mine. He thinks that it has be something in my system causing the swelling because when ever it is not working right - swelling always go to the feet. He saw that I had to have kidney surgery and wants to b...
I know, I know...it's been a while since I've had a contest. Sorry! But ~ it is Spring and almost Easter! Such a blessing to look around and see God's creation in bloom! To be reminded of the resurrection of Christ. Life is such a gift! We get so busy making baskets for other sweeties in our life. So, it is time for YOU to get a basket filled with goodies. Or maybe you know some one that could use a pick me up. Sign up and I could deliver it to their local home. Cookies! Cupcakes! Who knows what I'll be making! Of course, I do know there will be some chocolate! ;) Sorry but I have to add one rule. :( You must live in Northwest Arkansas. (or at least able to meet me in Northwest Arkansas) So, if you would like to join in on the fun ~ hit the comment button and leave me your name. It's very easy to do! Contest opens to...
Comments