Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Why?



Three little letters.



One BIG question.




Things in this life don't always go as you plan. Or if you like me lately, never go as planned. Sometimes I feel like a hamster going around and around in a circle but never actually going anywhere. You try. You pray. Then, that door closes and your in a room, in the dark, waiting...for God's Light to shine where He's put the window. Sometimes that wait is short. (Love those times!) Sometimes there is a lesson within the wait and it's long. Of course while I'm in the dark, I start to question, "Why?" Why am I here? Why me? (don't we all eventually get to that question?) Why now? and it goes to the question, "What do I do now?"




Kent and I are reading a book called 'When Life Is Hard.' It talks about how those who are not traveling the path of God seem to have it easy. Their worries on this earth seem small. It's because there isn't a fight of good against evil. Evil has already won in their lives. Yet, for those who try to stay on God's path ~ we struggle. Sometimes we have to get out the hatchet and chop down the vines on our path. Evil wants us to give in and scream, 'It's too much!' God is there protecting us but He knows our hearts. He knows how much we really can take. Of course, God's version of what I can take and my version are different sometimes. The Lord knows when I just need to hear an, "I love you mommy" to keep me going. And then sometimes, you just need to say a prayer, cuddle under the covers, and rest. Trusting that you've put your troubles in God's hands and there's nothing He can't see you through.




Psalm 34:18-21


"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.

He protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken,

Evil will slay the wicked, the foes of the righteous will be condemned."

No comments: