Monday, September 27, 2010

Blessings Everywhere

Everyone knows that it gets worse before it gets better, right? I, like everyone else, just wishes we could bypass that getting worse part. Or when you think, okay, this is the bottom ~ guess what?! Yep, you guessed it. Slip-slide down just a little more. It's okay. God knows. It is so easy to look around at my situation and become discouraged. To feel hopeless. To look around for that white flag to raise up. But ~ that's not what need to be doing. Sometimes when you get so wrapped up in the drama of life, the blessings go un-noticed. I don't want that to happen.

I want to notice the good things. I want praise God and thank God, no matter where I am in this journey. Yes, I do have much to be thankful for. Most of all, God. Yep, three little letters but one BIG word. :~) I have three great kids that overall are healthy. I am SO thankful each and everyday that Luke is not severe. I have a husband that is trying: trying to understand. trying to have the faith through this. trying to be patient. Just trying. I am also thankful for fall. My favorite season. I love the cooler temperatures that just call to be outside. I baked Saturday afternoon for parent teacher conferences and had the windows open. Wonderful! Friday, we are planning to pack up our lunchboxes and have a picnic at the park with my niece. I love this time of year! Yes, there are blessings on this journey. We just have to take time to notice.

No comments: