Monday, May 21, 2012

Month of Service: May


Some of the youth of Phillips Chapel FWBC


There's my daughter in the middle, Faith (red shirt)


There's Luke in the red shirt


There is Joey, red shirt (yes, I made my kids matchy-ies! LOL)

 
Wow, we are on our 5th month of service already!  I think that's wonderful.  We have really enjoyed it.  It's great to step out of our day to day and get involved with things bigger than you.  This month, I got with Darla from our church and we got the youth involved.  Darla is the lady that has been involved in a few of our month of service events.  She is great at stepping up and helping!  This time, we headed to one of our local nursing homes.   There we sang a few songs and then performed a puppet routine for the elderly. Several came up to us while we were putting things away and told how much they enjoyed it.  

In just a few days, we will be out of school.  Woo-hoo!!  I am looking forward to serving with the Salvation Army and other organizations during the summer.  They only serve lunch so the only time we can only do this is during the summer.  What a great outreach to be a part of!  I can't wait to see where God will use us over the next few months.     

No comments: