Tuesday, May 1, 2012

God, Our Healer

"And he came down with them
and stood on a level place, with
a great crowd of his disciples
 and a great multitude of people
from all Judea and Jerusalem
and the seacoast of Tyre
 and Sidon, who came to hear
 him and to be healed of their
diseases. And those who were
 troubled with unclean spirits
were cured.  And all the crowd  
sought to touch him, for power
 came out from him and healed
them all." ~ Luke 6:17-19 ESV

God, our great physician.  Our healer in times of trouble.
  I still believe that God heals.


It is hard to watch some one suffer.  I watched my Dad suffer from cancer.  And, go from moments of hope and joy...  To moments of despair.  To the point where the hard reality sets in.  And all those emotions in between.  The pain he had to suffer daily.  There comes a point when we realize that it is not in God's plan to heal his sick body.  But, to take him away from the pain.  God's healing does not always include healing these physical bodies.  We just have to be ready to accept God's plan knowing that it's for the best.

I am there once again.  Asking for God's healing.  For years, I have asked for God to heal Kent's broken body.  Through the years, we have gotten temporary fixes...more medication...more stints.  I've watched his health get worse.  I've seen my husband that was always outside doing something get more and more tired.  It's hard on him... and me...and the kids.  Tomorrow, Kent goes in for another heart cath in the afternoon.  My prayer is for healing.

My prayer to our Great Physician:

Lord, I ask for his healing.  Your will, not my own.  Whether his broken body can be fixed or not ~ I just want him healed.  I want him to feel better.  To feel like himself.  To be able to run again.   Lord, You are my husband's healer.  You are our strength.  With You, anything is possible.  Please be with the doctors tomorrow.  Be with my husband tomorrow.  Lord, fill him with a peace and comfort that only You can provide.  I thank You for all that You will do.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

1 comment:

Char said...

I'm praying and agree with your pray. OurGod is able to do abundantly above all that we ask.
Let us know if we can help

Love you Jen