Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting on the Lord


"I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His word I hope;
my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the
morning, more than watchmen for the morning."
Psalm 130:5-6

"I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong,
and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord."
Psalm 27: 13-14

 
Yes, God knows who to get His point across. The first Pslam has stuck with me since the weekend. Then, what happens? Oh yes, Wednesday night Bible study brings about the second verse. Okay! Okay!! I know, I know...W A I T. Waiting is sometimes the hardest thing to do.

I am just ready to have some movement. We have been living in our temporary homes for a couple years now. We've downsized until we cannot downsize anymore. We've learned that things do not matter as long as we're together. We've learned that we are a lot stronger than what we thought. All through the grace of God and prayers of good friends.

Since February, we've been looking for a home. It drives me crazy not being able to have people over! I love sharing a meal with friends and family. I'd have people over all the time if I had a home to welcome them in. I've ALWAYS wanted to have Thanksgiving at my home with family running around. We are being very budget minded and a home in the foreclosure or short sale status is where we can get a good buy. It's been a long half of the year. We've put offers on a few. Dealt with some shady Realtors. Found homes we love. And yet, at this point...we are still waiting in this little hole with paneling and bugs. YUCK!

A friend of mine is waiting as well. We are in this together, although for different reasons. She is struggling with starting a family. My heart aches just thinking of all she is going through. I know that only the great Physician knows all of the answers and hears our prayers on her behalf. I have to believe that God's plan includes children with snotty noses, yelling "momma" is in her future. But, for now, we are both...

Waiting...I know the Lord's plan is so much better than mine. I know the Lord knows my heart even better than I. But right now, at this moment, I want to ask, "When, Lord? How much longer do I need to wait?" I know there are bigger problems out there. I know the needs are many. But, right now, that four-letter-word creeps in my mind constantly. When?? For now though, I must wait knowing that God hears and knows better than I.

No comments: