Wednesday, May 23, 2012

God's Freedom

“For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only
do not use your freedom as an opportunity for
the flesh, but through love serve one another.”
Galatians 5:13 ESV

This freedom that God has given us can be difficult.  We question everything.  We doubt and falter on our journey.  It's very easy to get sidetracked in this world.  So many things that can occupy our time and thoughts.  It's difficult to just be still and listen...without the mind wondering to that 'to-do' list waiting for you or listening to the kids or planning dinner...or...or... you get the point! :)

But, this freedom is so important.  God did not create us without free will.  As much as God loves us, He holds us with an open palm.  We are free to walk away...to wonder off.  Parenting skills that we should all listen to.  It is very hard for me to do as a parent.  I want to protect my children.  To close my hand so nothing can hurt them.  I've learned as I've grown as a parent, that is not possible.  Things, not always good, will get through and touch my kids...change them.  That's where my Faith steps in.  Because although they maybe out of my sight, they are never out of God's.

Freedom to choose how we are going to live.  Freedom to believe.  It gets difficult to understand in our human minds that God is all knowing yet we still have free will.  Psychology in college even had us debate this!  But God is warning us not to waste this freedom.  Don't take to much time debating and discussing this.  Just use it.  Use this freedom to serve others.  Use this freedom to spread His word, not just with your voices, but with your actions.

No comments: