Saturday, December 24, 2011

Love From the Oven

The cookie tray is done! We got busy today and did some baking. Luke made his favorites: coconut macaroons and snickerdoodle. Faith made chocolate & peanut butter chip cookies and a new pinwheel recipe. Joey made banana and sweet potato bread. I finished up with some brownies and fudge. I hope the firemen are hungry because their tray is full!! :) I love getting the kids in the kitchen. I used to be able to get them all in there, but now it's one at a time. In a few years, they will be able to follow the recipes without any help. That's good, right? To make them self-sufficient? Hopefully, they will still want me in there even when they don't need me in there. Hopefully they are learning to reach out to others, even when it is not convenient to do so. To help even when it is not expected.



"Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers,
for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." Hebrews 13:1-2



A wonderful thought, isn't it? To be in the presence of angels without being aware. Christmas is a time of miracles. So, who knows? Maybe there are some angels walking around here! It is my prayer that you have a Christmas full of miracles, big and small.

No comments: