Sunday, April 17, 2011

Weekend



We work all week just to finally enjoy the weekends which seem so fleeting. Usually Saturdays consist of soccer in the morning, then coming home to clean up and do laundry. Dishes. Laundry. Bathrooms. Then, laundry. Have I mentioned laundry? LOL


This weekend was a little different. It's Sunday evening and I still have some laundry in the basket. There are a few dishes in the sink. And, I'm just going with it. :) I'm enjoying the last moments of my weekend!!


Saturday we went to the movies. I don't remember when we went to the movies last time. It's been a while. So, what a treat when we get to go and see a wonderful movie that had substance. It has hope! Soul Surfer was wonderful! My kids even enjoyed it. The theaters were filled with families. Families watching a main character (Dennis Quaid) read his Bible. Families listening to Christian music. Wonderful! The advertisements for other movies were other Christian movies coming out soon. And ~ my kids were saying, "I want to go see that!" :) Love it!


Afterwords, we met some friends for dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. Friends we haven't sat down and visited with in a few years. What a blessing just to sit down and have a meal together! Oh, yeah, and that it one of my favorite places to eat! :) I recommend the Asian Zing. YUMMMY!! I forgot how much I like it!! We usually get the bottle and do it ourselves at home! What great Saturday just being with family and friends.


Oh, and everyone has loved the baskets as well. Such a nice feeling to give it away! To know that in some little small part ~ I made their day a little better. Good church services today to wrap it up. Now, we are going back to Monday just wishing for another weekend with our families...


"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art...It has no survival value;


rather is one of those things that give value to survival."


~ C. S. Lewis

No comments: