Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Boxes



As a child, I remember my Aunt Avis. Really she was my grandmother's sister; my great-aunt, but I didn't know that at the time. I know I've mentioned her before, but I still think of her from time to time. She would send me birthday cards, Christmas cards, Thanksgiving cards, Easter cards. Even a small gift once in a while. It was so awesome to get something from the mailbox with my name on the envelope. When your a kid, it doesn't happen very much. As an adult, the stuff with your name on it ~ we usually don't want!! LOL

I send off birthday cards. And, a few times ~ I send off some goodies for them! This is my Easter box this year. It's filled with some candy, sugar cookies, double chocolate chip cookies, and some butterscotch brownies. It's not much really. It's just the fact that when they get it and see their names on it ~ they will know that I was thinking of them. That I made the time to make them something and send it. I'm thinking that I should do it a little more often. It's been a while.

Life can get so busy. Busy with work. Busy with kids. Busy with laundry and cleaning. We keep wishing for the weekend to get here ~ then it's over before you know it and what's left from it?? Are there any memories that we can hang on to or look back on? We all wish there was just more time in the days. But, I wonder if I'm getting everything out of the time that God has given me. I don't think I am most days. I need to stop. Just stop. Enjoy what's around me ~ the people that God has placed in my life. I need to make sure they know they are thought of and loved, near or far away.


"Show me Lord's my life's end

and the number of my days;

Let me know how fleeting my life is.

You have made my days a mere handbreath

the span of my years is as nothing before you.

Everyone is but a breath;

even those who seem secure.

Surely everyone goes around like a mere phantom

in vain they rush about..."

Psalm 29:4-6

1 comment:

Holly said...

That is sweet of you! : ) They'll be so excited to get a yummy surprise, and to know they are loved. : )