Monday, March 4, 2013

Great Faith

The faith of a mustard seed.

In Matthew 17:20, God assures us that is all that it takes to do the impossible.

I love the story in Matthew 8.   A man asked Jesus to heal his servant.  Jesus said, "I will come and heal him."  The man goes on to say he is not worthy for Jesus to be under his roof, "but just the word only, and my servant will be healed."  This man's faith is so powerful.  He did not need proof.  He did not need Jesus to even touch his servant.  Just speak it Lord, and it will be done.  Even Jesus marveled at his great faith.  And because of his great faith, the servant was healed.

To me, that is amazing.  You see my faith has grown through the years.  It has take a lot of trials in my life to build up my faith.  I don't know where my faith would be without those things.  Would I be like a babe needing milk?  Only beginning my journey and walk with God?

Remember the story of the storm in Matthew, Mark, and Luke?  Jesus disciples followed Him into a boat.  Jesus falls asleep and storm comes.  Waves are crashing onto the boat.  The disciples start to freak out.  They wake Jesus up asking him if he even cares they are perishing.   What does Jesus say?  "Have you still so little faith?"

Where are you with your walk with God?  In the parable of the seeds in Luke 8, some seeds were thrown among the path and trampled.  Has your faith been trampled by the world?  Some seeds fell upon a rock.  No place to develop roots and once a storm came upon,  they where washed away.  Is your faith shallow right now because there just isn't enough time to develop your relationship with Christ?  Is it because you are not willing to let go of something in order to make the time needed?  Some seeds fell among the thorns and got choked out and could not grow.  Is there just too much of the world in your life and not enough Christ?  Some seeds fell upon fertile ground and where able to bloom.  Are you nurturing your relationship with God?  Do you spend time with Him daily?

I pray that my heart will be a fertile ground for God's word and God's will to grow.  I pray that my faith will continue to grow  so that I might be a light to others in this world. 

No comments: