Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Walk with God

I've learned that when ask God, "where are you leading me?" 
 ....that He'll actually answer.
When you tell God to "use me, use my family for Your purpose"
....that He will.
Sometimes, I am just not ready for the answer.

Those statements have been my prayer for a few months now.  I want more more us than running on that hamster wheel never getting anything done.  I realize that my oldest son will be 16 this year.  Did you read that?? 16!!!  I only have a few more years with him.  I want to instill so much before they go off on their own.  Yet, often times I am tired from the rat race of life.  Do I really have enough energy to add more to my plate??

I know that if God leads me there, that He will equip me for it.  That includes the energy to get it done, right??   Our church is in an exciting time of change.  Change for the good.  The breaking away of tradition just because of tradition.  And looking at what we, as God's church, need to really be doing.  That's an easy answer but hard to follow through.  Disciples making disciples.  That's our motto you could say.

Now, where do I fit in the picture?  If you know me, than you know I tend to stay with the small kids.  Kindergarten is totally my favorite grade!! :)  Right now, I co-teach a Sunday School class with that age group.  It is safe for me.  But, you tell God to use you and to lead you, it isn't usually to the safe nest your used to.

I honestly am not sure where He is leading me.  My heart is longing for....something....   I am not sure if it is going to a larger age group.  Or maybe a women's group.  Maybe a parenting group with the struggles of motherhood??  Please pray for me that God will reveal His will in my life.

No comments: