Sunday, March 17, 2013

Following God's Lead...

So easy to talk about.  Kinda' can become generic almost.  But, there comes a time when talking about it should be moved into doing.  With the doing comes trusting the Lord to guide you.  That's were I am right now.  Trusting the Lord to guide my steps now that I have taken those steps forward.

I have been helping out in a little kids Sunday school class.  But, God has been working on my heart for the older kids since January.  The ones that are currently struggling through middle school and junior high.  There is so much pressure on that age group.  School...Friends...Bullies...even Family.  I just love those kids.  Although, the call to work with that age group has never been there before.  I figured all of those positions were taken so I didn't need to worry.  It's all taken care of, right?

So, I did try to ignore God's nudges a bit.  Really.  Just being honest.  I was looking into other options, maybe even a  women's group.  Yet, God has a way of just dealing with your heart to prepare you for a certain job.  He wasn't preparing me for more busy work. (don't need any of that!)  He was preparing me for these kids.  So, just as God knew, the teachers for that age group stepped down and that position that God has been preparing me for came open.

I am excited about the opportunity that God has prepared me for.  The vision God has given me is to lead discussions on life applications with the Bible.  Not just recite this verse or memorize this because these kids are there for Sunday school, church, and even Sunday night service.  There are a lot of great Biblical books out there for this age group about peer pressure, friends, leading my example, and even beginnings of dating.   I would like to take the Bible and apply it for everyday struggles that this age group faces everyday.  Yes, I know getting  this age group to participate in discussions can be a difficult but I am hoping they will catch on.  :)

I am excited about where God is leading me.   This Wednesday, we will be looking at Malchus.   A small character in the Easter story.   I know, you might be scratching you head on who that is.  :)  It's okay.  His story was mentioned in several gospels but only named in one! 

Where is God leading your footsteps?  Are you listening?  Or resisting?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jen, I am very excited that God has been preparing your heart for this time. I am also very happy to be there teaching with you, there is nothing better than teaching kids and seeing that light pop on in their heads, with "Yeah, I get this". I am praying for blessings to be abundant in this class and lives be changed.