Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Hope for the Weary

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my 
righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:20

"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them,
for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave
you or forsake you."   Deuteronomy 31:6


"You will forget your misery; you will remember it as waters that 
have passed away.  And your life will be brighter than the noonday;
its darkness will be like the morning.  And you will feel secure, 
because there is hope; you will look around and take your rest in 
security."  Job 11:16-18

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for
welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.  Then you 
will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You 
will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.  I will
be found by you..."   Jeremiah 29:11-14

There is a season of trials taking place in lives of several church  families.   A time to lean on God to sustain us day by day.  Cancer will soon be taking a father/grandfather home.  Another woman going through radiation because of something found in her breast.  We have another woman in our church still in the hospital after an accident.  We have some wonderful parents still unsure of the outcome of their baby.  Another couple that would make wonderful parents but having troubles conceiving.  There is also a family that will be leaving us to move for husband's work.  There is so much pain right now as we try to understand God's will for our lives.  And to accept His will as what is best.


I lift these lives and families up to you, Lord.  May you have Your hand in 
each life.  Lord, I know that your are the Great Physician and that only
You can heal our weary bodies.  I just ask that Your will be done and that 
you give us the peace to accept it.  Please, Lord, let these families feel
Your love and comfort as only You can give.  I know that many reading this
 are going  through their own trials.   Many are going through them alone.
 I pray that they will feel Your presence in their life and the hope that only 
You can provide.  Amen.

No comments: