Monday, March 11, 2013

True Friendships

My oldest, Joey, found a t-shirt at Target last weekend.  He really wanted it.  The shirt said, "may your life be as awesome as you pretend on Facebook."  Why is it that we naturally feel like we have to hide everything?  Or put up another front so no one can see inside.

We all do the clean up before anyone comes over.  Read that again so you don't feel alone.  Do you realize that we ALL do that?  My life is not perfect by any means.  My house seems to always have a room in the demolition phase.  We have been here since August and I still have not even painted my living room so I can put pictures up.  (we did gut and put back together the kitchen, so I have been busy)  So, often, I feel like my life is a mess! 

Yet, I try to hide it.  I sweep and mop, and vacuum the living room hoping you don't notice the stain from when my dog ate a bag of Sweetheart candies and puked.  Clean laundry gets put up just moments before I know your coming over.  Dishes are washed and still drying when you enter the kitchen.

So, please look past my moment of terror when you knock on my door unexpected.  My t-shirt might be one I slept with my rubber ducky pajama bottoms.  Real life is messy.  It's not glamorous by any means.   Please do the same if I stop to knock on your door.  I won't judge your dirty dishes in the sink.  I am just there for you.

Friendship is there through the good stuff and the trials.  God gave us each other so we would not have to do it alone.  What a blessing!  The friendships that only see each other when the hair is done perfectly and make-up looks great are not real.  They won't be there when the ugly tears fall.  Know what I mean?  There's the dainty little cry where a tear or two falls.  Anyone can pat your back or say a nice word.  Then, there are the tears where your heart is breaking and nose is running and eyes are red and puffy.  Real friends will hold you close and not care what is making their shirt wet.  :)
 

No comments: