Sunday, July 8, 2012

Month of Service: June

I know, I know....It's already July.  Always one step behind it seems like!  It's been so hot this month.  Yes, I do realize it's summer.  My husband reminds me of that.  But, when it says 100 degrees for weeks at a time ...honestly, I don't feel like doing much of anything.  Just being honest! ;D

But, we did get to help out this month.  First of  all, the FFA  (Future Farmer's of America) had a fishing tournament in June.  We helped out and grilled hot dogs that day.  okay...okay... I was under a shade tree for a lot of it!  Kent was out there grilling hot dogs.  Kids and I helped with the serving and clean up. 

It was soo hot!

Just recently, we volunteered a couple nights at the rodeo.  We were selling 'day' sheets with the riders information on it.  Our profits were going towards the youth fund at church.  The kids loved it!  They have never been to the rodeo.  After our selling was done, we were able to stay and enjoy the rodeo.  It just feels like July now! :)

church family with Faith and I

As the summer seems to be skipping by.  I'm trying to make it last and make some memories in between.  In the month of July, we will be volunteering at the Salvation Army.   And well, anywhere else that God puts us!  

 

No comments: